My 2nd KITT/ conversion site - Niederlande!

• Hallo suzammen....

Sorry...gotta type in english. I have no problem reading german....But cant write it...LOL

I also wish to show you guys my 2nd KITT conversion.

Instead posting all the pictures in this topic....check out my site!

MY CONVERSION WEBSITE

Let me know what you guys think about it.

B.J

• Hallo B.J.

Herzlich Willkommen hier im Forum!!!

Du hast wahnsinnig tolle Teile...

Tape-Player, LED Gaspedal, klappbares Kennzeichen vorne UND die "Öl-Düsen"...

GENIAL!!!

MfG Christian

• Hi B.J.,

great to see you here! I already saw the videos of your Dashboard on Youtube some monthes ago, and I was very impressed (you also have a good music taste! :P )
    I am interested in how you will implement the smokescreen. I am planning to integrate a 600W fog machine (+12V->230V converter). The fog machine will probably be built below the front, so it would be more like the CO2 extinguisher instead of the smokescreen.

Best regards,
    Prodatron

FIVE AMERICAN MOVIE CARS

• Updated my overhead section.

Almost completed my pilot overhead.

It has:
    1 dummy display
    Counter digits. (Counts to 999999)
    GPS / navigation with touchscreen
    Eject display - Controlled by the switchpod eject buttons
    Functional tone buttons

Now all it needs...is painting!

Check out the clip: CLIP overhead Console

• Very cool, and good idea to place the navigation system there, too!

I was also thinking about using the pilot version of the overhead console. But I am afraid, that it would hide the rearview mirror, so that you can't use it anymore. I know that KITT didn't have a rearview mirror at all. But after making bad experience with my second replica, which doesn't have it, too, I don't want to miss it in my "main" replica.
    So I wonder, if you can still install it together with the pilot OHC??

Groetjes,
    Prodatron

FIVE AMERICAN MOVIE CARS

• My first design of the overhead...instead the GPS system, I had a 2,5 inch LCD. This I used for my Rearview (camera). So you dont need a rearview mirror.

I drilled a hole under my Rear lisence plate. There I installed a Night view cam. Ofcourse there are more places where you can make it. But I wanted max rearview `performance`..lol

Now, I made a VGA switch to my 2 lcd`s in the dash. So now I can switch between:
    Camera front or back
    DVD / DIVX
    Or games

My old 2,5 inch LCD

Hole under lisence plate for camera

• I see, you are right again!
    Btw, I wish I would have such a small license plate for the rear side, too :) But in any case I will install a rearview camera in the same area (the front camera is already hidden in the KITT nose). It's funny, I also wanted to use the second screen of the 2-TV dashboard for the rear/front cameras (the first one is for the Car-PC). Ok, maybe that's already enough for the rear view.
    When are you planning to paint the OHC? Where in the Netherlands are you living? I am quite close to the border.

Groetjes,
    Prodatron

FIVE AMERICAN MOVIE CARS

• I live near heerlen.

The car will be painted within 3 weeks (if all go`s well)....and the car will be finisht somewhere end september (again...if all go`s well)

B.J

• Hey Bjorn,

leuk je hier te zien en hoe ver je al bent met de nieuwe KITT!!! Echt cool wat je alles in gaat bouwen!!!

Als die klar is moet je ens in Kerkrade langskomen, bij de cruise-in.nl, leuke ami en oldtimer meeting elke donderdag

Groetjes
    Christine

• ey christine,

Yeah I know....zal dan zeker ff langs komen. Jan die is ook al redelijk ver met zn wagen. De buitenkant is zoverre klaar en gespoten. Nu interieur nog. Het dashboard ben ik voor hem aant bouwen.

grt,

• O.K.....here it is...finaly finisht. The overhead. Hope you guys like it.

The GPS monitor really fits in nicely! I rock!...lol. You can also view pictures and stuff with it.
    So I uploaded all kind of 3D graphix.

• Finally....the car is back from the painter. Not wanna show to much pictures already. Still re-assambling the car. But here are 2 sneakpeeks! I am doing the build up all by myself. But progress is groing great. What you see...is 6 days of HARD work!

I`m around 80 % ready.

• Only one word - Awesome!
    Absolutely awesome.

Especially the black tail light cover and the door handle LED's. Never seen those on any conversion yet.

Hope we will see some close-ups of the interior soon :)